Saturday 17 September 2011

College Clothing! ...

Hi everyone :)


As I mentioned in my previous post, I started College at the beginning of September and I just wanted to do a post for you all, to share a few of my college fashion 'essentials' with you. Starting at a new college is a nerve-wracking and stressful time for most people. There's lots of worries like meeting new people, travelling, being independent and managing the workload. But for someone with a profound interest in fashion and beauty, their main worry is probably 'what am I going to wear?'. It was for me anyway!


It sounds like a very shallow concern, but for me, fashion is how I show my personality. I'm generally a very shy person, especially in new surroundings, so I find fashion to be a good way of portraying myself to others, without even saying anything! So naturally, my mind started filling with lots of college outfit ideas and wonderful clothing combinations but after more thought, I realised some of my outfit ideas were not particularly practical! To get to college, I have to take a bus and then walk quite a lot, so I needed outfits to suit these needs. I imagine this is the case for a lot of other people too, which is why i'm going to share my 5 staple pieces for a college wardrobe :)

1. Leggings
A good pair of leggings can be so versatile and are so comfortable for lots of travelling. You can find them in different colours, patterns and styles at many places now so they are easy to work into your wardrobe. 

2. A Warm Coat/Jacket
This may seem obvious or boring, but a big warm coat is so important for me! There's nothing worse than walking in the freezing cold or getting rained on, so a big coat is a must. These can get pricey but it doesn't have to be the most fashionable one, just any that does the job and you feel comfortable in. 

3. Knitted Jumpers/Cardigans
I literally live in these in winter! I find them so comfy and warm, yet still fashionable. You can pair them with a bodycon skirt, jeans or leggings and some boots and you're good to go! I cannot say how happy I feel when i'm in big jumpers or cardi's, I love them.

4. Plain Shirts and Blouses
Simple, classy and stylish. I love the look of a sheer oversized blouse tucked into a skirt or trousers. They just look so effortless but so stylish and sophisticated. They're also great in neutral colours like brown, black and cream as they go with so many outfits and can be worn so many ways. You could wear the same blouse every day for a week (if you washed it of course) and make it look so different each day. Perfect!


5. Simple Skirts or Dresses
I love wearing skirts and dresses in the colder weather, which seems a little backwards as we usually wear them in summer. But I actually prefer them with some thick tights and warm scarves in the winter. They can be very versatile so are easy to mix and match throughout college time, and I find them to be quite comfy for travelling in (as long as they aren't super short and tight of course). 


So there we have my 5 must-haves for keeping you comfy and warm yet still stylish and chic at college! I hope you found them helpful and interesting, and that you can adapt them to suit your style and needs. 


What are your college/work clothing staples?

Hayley
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment